IndigoPerl Home Page
IndigoPerl is a binary distribution of
Perl for Windows.
It comes with the Indigo Package
Manager (IPM) for installing pre-built binary Perl modules
It includes some useful modules including DBI, DBD::mysql,
IndigoPerl is free.
Note: If you are looking for a distribution of Apache, MySQL,
PHP and Perl for Windows, it has been moved to its own
project page called IndigoAMPP.
IndigoPerl is a Windows build of Perl.
Download IndigoPerl V9.02
Updated Feb 9 2009
1. Download and run the Windows installer.
2. In will prompt you for the installation directory, which by default
To uninstall click on Start, All Programs, IndigoPerl, Unistall, or use
the Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.
Windows 32-bit or 64-bit systems, including Windows
2000/XP/2003/Vista or newer
Windows 95, 98 or ME are untested.
Package Manager (IPM)
The Indigo Package Manager (IPM)
provides a command line interface for installing Perl
modules. The pre-built modules are downloaded from a one of the
To run IPM and to see a help summary
run the following command from a DOS window: 'ipm help'.
ipm search Digest # search for all packages that
contain 'Digest' in the package name
ipm install Digest-MD4 # install Digest::MD4
ipm remove Digest-MD4 # uninstall Digest::MD4
If you access the internet through a
firewall or proxy you will need to set the following environment variables:
Set HTTP_proxy to your proxy server
name and port in the format: "http://proxy:8080" .
If you require a user name and/or
password to access your proxy, set HTTP_proxy_user and HTTP_proxy_pass to your user name
The intent of this document is to state the conditions under which IndigoPerl may be copied and distributed.
1. You may use IndigoPerl for commercial or non-commercial purposes without charge.
2. You may apply bug fixes, portability fixes and install additional modules. A package modified in such a way shall still be covered by the
terms of this license.
3. You may make and give away copies of IndigoPerl for personal use, or for use
within your organization.
4. You may not distribute copies of IndigoPerl or components derived from IndigoPerl
to others outside your organization without specific prior written permission from IndigoStar
5. IndigoStar Software's name and trademarks may not be used to endorse or promote packages derived from IndigoPerl without specific prior written permission
from IndigoStar Software.
7. INDIGOPERL IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
V9.02 Feb 9 2009 (BETA)